The program aims to:
1. provide financial assistance that would enable the parents/benefactors to send their students to school but are having difficulty owed to adverse effect of the pandemic in their jobs/businesses;
2. assist private schools, and downstream industries to sustain their operations and continue as a going concern; and
3. heed the call of the government for LANDBANK to support the students in these times of economic crisis.
1. Parents, guardians/benefactors
a. Filipino Citizen of legal age and with established repayment capacity;
b. A co-borrower shall be required if the principal borrower is more than 60 years old and/or with no established repayment capacity;
c. Must have established credit history and good credit standing. The Lending Units (LUs) shall check the borrower's historical two (2) months of card payments/billings, utility billings if updated prior to COVID-19;
d. Must be a permanent resident/has resided with minimum two (2) years in area of residence; and
e. Must have a combined monthly net take home pay (after loan amortization) of P20,000, per enrolled student.
a. Not be more than 60 years old and Filipino Citizen;
b. With good credit standing and must have established repayment capacity, as evidenced by Certificate of Employment Employment Contract (if employed), Business Permit (if Self-employed), among others; and
c. Must be a permanent resident/has resided with minimum two (2) years in area of residence.
a. Filipino Citizen;
b. Not over 30 years old at the time of application;
Note: Per the “Youth in Nation-Building Act" under RA 8044 enacted in 1995, Filipino youth is defined as those with ages 15-30;
c. Incoming student who are qualified under the admission and retention requirements of school or technical vocational institutions recognized/accredited by CHED/TESDA/DepEd;
d. Not a current beneficiary of the Universal Access for Quality Tertiary Education Act of 2017 (R.A. 10931) or any scholarship program or of any privilege having free tuition fees as honor student; and
e. Of good moral character as certified by school.
ELIGIBLE LOAN PURPOSE
Finance tuition/enrollment-related fees
- (STL) for pre-school, primary and | secondary
- Term Loan (TL) for tertiary
- Maximum loan amount shall be the equivalent of one (1) school year/2 semesters, or, P150,000 per student but not more than P300,000 per borrower and which shall be based on the submitted school-issued Enrollment Assessment Form/Registration Form with Schedule of Assessed Enrollment Fees
- STL - principal and interest shall be payable on maturity date of the Promissory Note (PN)
- TL - interest shall be payable quarterly during the grace period equal monthly amortization (principal plus interest) after the one (1) year grace period on the principal
- STL - payable within one (1) year via 360-day PN
- TL - payable up to maximum of three (3) years inclusive of one (1) year grace period on the principal
Note: Availment shall be on a per PN basis, without consolidation
- 5% per annum (p.a.) fixed for the entire term of the loan
Penalty for Loan Default
- Loan Processing fee
- Documentary Stamp Tax
Mode of Release
- STL – lump sum and to be credited directly to the account of the school
- TL - Lump sum per semester and to be credited directly to the account of the school
- Issuance of post-dated checks for the scheduled loan repayments
- Credit Life Insurance up to the extent of the loan obligation
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Credit rating of the borrower shall be waived.
a. Parents, guardians/benefactors/co-borrower
1. Duly accomplished loan application form
2. For salaried individuals:
a. Certificate of Employment/Contract of Employment;
b. Copy of three (3) months latest pay slip;
c. Latest BIR-filed Income Tax Return
3. For self-employed:
a. Copy of Business Permit
b. Latest BIR filed Income Tax Return
4. Valid Government-issued ID
5. Proof of billing address and payment record from at least two (2) utility/service companies
1. Admission slip/Enrollment Form with Student ID issued by an education institution or technical vocational institution (for incoming student) or proof of enrollment (present or latest enrollment or registration form for continuing student);
2. Form 138/Certified True Copy of Grades during previous semester attended;
3. Certificate of Good Moral Character from the dean/guidance counselor or any authorized personnel from the school;
4. Schedule of payment of school fees and other enrollment related expenses for the subject school semester or school year, as the case maybe, duly certified by the registrar or authorized personnel of the educational institution.
Note: Some documents need not be submitted if the same shall be provided by the school.
a. Opening of LANDBANK deposit account by the borrower where repayment of the loan shall be debited;
b. Certificate of completion of academic requirements duly certified by the registrar or equivalent from previous school year or previous semester;
c. Schedule of payment of school fees and other enrollment related fees for the current term duly certified by the registrar or authorized personnel of the institution;
d. Duly received by the school, the Authority for LANDBANK to receive copies of documents from school related to the student's records;
e. The borrower shall give its consent to disclose credit information to other banks, financial institutions, the Banker's Association of the Philippines Credit Bureau and other credit bureaus or institutions.
a. No more than five (5) calendar days after completing the enrollment
1. Photocopy of validated Enrollment Assessment Form/ Registration Form and teller validated accomplished copy of the Bills Payment Slip.
2. Valid student ID issued by the institution immediately within five (5) days from date of issuance (for the student).
3. Official Receipt/s as proof of payment of tuition fee, other enrollment related school fees.
4. Authority to Debit Account.
b. Within two (2) weeks from end of the term or as soon as available
Certificate of completion from educational institutions or equivalent document from technical-vocational institution duly certified by the registrar or equivalent
All student loan applications complete with required pre-loan processing documents can be submitted to the nearest LANDBANK lending center after having completed the enrollment assessment made by the school.